AWANA Alpaca is an exclusive brand of PERU MARKET that offers luxury collections of contemporary clothing and accessories in alpaca fiber.
Through AWANA ALPACA as a bridge, we want to work and connect artisans and women weavers with Fashion and international markets.
AWANA means in "Quechua", the historical language of the Incas, hand knitted.
1. Empower and inspire communities working in fashion and offer sustainable development opportunities to micro-entrepreneurs and women weavers in Peru.
2. Be the bridge between Peruvian women weavers and designers with the Swiss and European markets.
3. Contribute to the economic development of association of women weavers and develop AWANA fashion collections with the know-how and talent of weavers to perpetuate the peruvian ancestral tradition.
4. Make designs and creations with art and explore the organic threads and natural colors of indigenous peoples.
5. Develop a social business. Win-Win opportunities
1. Provide artisans and women weavers, the opportunity to work on projects that provide them a source of income, as well as learn skills to prepare alpaca accesoires with the current fashion trends.
Actually, Mercedes Lamborelle prepares in Switzerland the creations and designs with color palettes of the HAND MADE collection while monitoring the different stages of production with artisans and weavers to present each year the AWANA collection in prestigious boutiques in Geneva, Switzerland.